Services >> Supply Chain
The supply chain model being adopted across Southeastern Ontario for in stock and non-stock items are described below:
1. Clinician retrieves required supplies from local ward stock (unit cart).
2. Local Materials Management personnel scan ward stock to replenish supplies.
3. Orders for required supplies are automatically transferred to the third party suppler for processing. The third party confirms receipt of order with an advanced shipment notification.
4. Order is picked and packed in totes with the required supplies of each ward or unit cart.
5. Items are delivered to the hospital organization by third party provider.
6. Items are unloaded at the hospital organization by hospital organization receiving personnel and organized by clinical area.
7. Local material management personnel deliver totes to the unit carts / supply area and restock supplies.
1. Clinician orders non-stock item through an online requisition form.
2. Requisition is approved by manager (if required).
3. The online requisition is routed to the category manager for the required item. Item is sourced and delivered (if required) to the hospital organization.
4. PO is received by suppliers and order is fulfilled and shipped.
5. Item is delivered to hospital organization by supplier.
6. Item received by hospital organization receiving personnel and staged for delivery.
7. Local Materials Management personnel deliver item to department.