The supply chain model being adopted across Southeastern Ontario for in stock and non-stock items are described below:
- Clinician retrieves required supplies from local ward stock (unit cart).
- Local Materials Management personnel scan ward stock to replenish supplies.
- Orders for required supplies are automatically transferred to the third party suppler for processing. The third party confirms receipt of order with an advanced shipment notification.
- Order is picked and packed in totes with the required supplies of each ward or unit cart.
- Items are delivered to the hospital organization by third party provider.
- Items are unloaded at the hospital organization by hospital organization receiving personnel and organized by clinical area.
- Local material management personnel deliver totes to the unit carts / supply area and restock supplies.
- Clinician orders non-stock item through an online requisition form.
- Requisition is approved by manager (if required).
- The online requisition is routed to the category manager for the required item. Item is sourced and delivered (if required) to the hospital organization.
- PO is received by suppliers and order is fulfilled and shipped.
- Item is delivered to hospital organization by supplier.
- Item received by hospital organization receiving personnel and staged for delivery.
- Local Materials Management personnel deliver item to department.